In preparation for CMS issuing MBI Numbers starting April 2018 SigmaCare has added two new fields to the Resident Demographics page. These fields will allow for capture of the Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI) and/or the Health Insurance Claim Number (HICN).
- If an MBI or HICN number is entered as the Policy# on the Insurance page, and the corresponding field on the Demographics page is blank it will populate the corresponding field.
- If an MBI number is entered on the Demographics page, it will populate the Policy# field for the MBI on the Insurance page for active insurances on the current episode.
To add an MBI or HICN number to the Resident Demographics page please perform the following tasks:
- From the Resident Summary page click the icon.
- Locate the MBI and or HICN text field.
- Enter the MBI and/or HICN number.
- Click Save.
Note: The MBI number will be displayed on the resident’s face sheet in a new Medicare Number field. If the resident has an HICN number and not an MBI, then the HICN will be displayed on the face sheet