The resources compiled on this page are intended to support your preparation and compliance for implementation of the CMS phase 2 deadline of November 28, 2017. We have highlighted the resources suggested by CMS and those that have been referenced within the ROP’s. However, there are many other resources available to assist your team. We will continue to add resources and references as applicable.
QAPI is integral to successfully navigate the CMS requirements of participation. Listed below are resources from CMS, QIO’s, and other credible sources to assist your development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of your QAPI program.
- CMS QAPI Tools, Resources, and Adverse Events
- CMS Process Tool Framework
- Root Cause Analysis for PIPs
- QAPI Plan the How to Guide
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement Quality Framework (PDSA)
- QAPI Five Elements
- NH Quality Improvement Campaign
Antibiotic Stewardship Program Resources
- CDC Core Elements of Antibiotic Stewardship for Nursing Homes
- Minnesota Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Toolkit for Long-term Care Facilities
- QIO Nursing Home Training Series on Antibiotic Stewardship
CMS Facility Survey Process Related
Phase 2 of the Requirements of Participation is effective November 28, 2017. The resources below provide easy access to information regarding changes to the survey process and F-Tags.
- Revised F-Tags
- F-Tag Crosswalk
- CMS Consolidated Survey Process Resource page containing Forms, Videos and Training Slides
- CMS LTC Survey Procedure Guide
- Entrance Conference Form
- Matrix Instructions for Providers
Nursing facilities will conduct, document, and annually review a facility-wide assessment, which includes both their resident population and the resources the facility needs to care for their residents (§483.70(e)). This optional template customizable and should reflect the characteristics of an individual community.